Welcome to the Fall 2016 Semester!
A scarlet sky on the first day of classes here at Rutgers was a great way to start the new academic year! Here at the Master's of Business and Science (MBS) program we are happy to welcome a new set of talented MBS students to the program this year and would like to welcome back students who have been with us for some time.
As students in the MBS program, you have unique benefits not found in most other Master's programs. First and foremost, you have the ability to customize your degree to fit your career goals. To help you do this, we offer a range of services and events to help you chart and advance on your own path to success. To date, 96% of all MBS students who were eligible to work found jobs within 6 months of graduating!
To help you get the most out of your degree and to give you the best chances at success, the MBS gives you access to:
- Resume review sessions (The PSM Career Lunch series)
- A Professional Executive Coach (Professor Kathleen Cashman)
- Career panels: employers share information on industry trends and the skills students need
- Special class lectures and visits by employers
- Academic advisors who can help you choose courses that best fit your career goals
- A career advisor who can help you examine job market trends to better inform career decisions
- Site visits to companies and research facilities
- Other unique events, such as the Phillies Business Intelligence night coming up on 9/21
- Hands-on learning experiences that include developing business plans (The MBS Capstone Course), doing
- An internship course designed to grow your leadership skills
- The ability to work in full-time internships year-round (including international students!)
- Courses and experiences that help you build AND integrate your science and business skills into your work experiences.
- Exclusive job and internship posting announcements
- And much more….
We are not all work and no play here….we also host fun events to bring students and alumni together. The largest of these are the annual MBS Holiday Party and the Alumni-Student Mixer, but we are planning other small events, as well.
To access these great resources and events, check the MBS website and the Sakai PSM Resources sites often. Events are added and updated throughout the semester. You can also find valuable information on: course recommendations; graduation requirements (Sakai); how to enroll in the internship course; job and internship search resources, and blog posts that cover everything from job market trends to student reviews of courses and events, to interviews with fellow students. You can also schedule appointments with advisors through the website, as well.
To get up-to-date notifications about MBS blog posts, key MBS sponsored and outside events, and other information please check your email for announcements and follow MBS on these social media channels: