Students may pursue the degree full-time (usually nine or more credits per semester) or part-time.
The following requirements need to be met for the MBS degree:
- Students must complete twenty-four (24) science credits within a concentration and nineteen (19) business credits.
- Students must attend a number of professional development activities (12 in total)
- Students must demonstrate relevant work experience. Students have the option of registering for up to 6 credits in Internship to fulfill this requirement.
- Students must maintain the minimum grade requirements for graduation as described in the Satisfactory Academic Progress, Probation, and Dismissal section of our policies page.
- The degree must be completed in the required time as stipulate by the Graduate School (normally within three (3) years, with a minimum of one (1) year for full-time students).
- All students have access to the SAKAI PSM site, which contains worksheets for tracking your progress and a study plan for completing the degree.
- Visa regulations usually require international students to take nine (9) or more credits per semester. Please see the Graduate Study website for more information.
- Students should consult the Registrar for the deadlines for registration, add/drop, withdrawal, and refunds.
- Graduate courses taken prior to admission may be eligible for transfer credits.
- Seminars at Rutgers and nearby institutions provide an opportunity to interact with leading academic and industry speakers. Students are encouraged to attend.
- Students may take more than the minimum 43 credits and there are no restrictions on choices of courses taken in excess of degree requirements.
- Most courses are offered at night (6:40-9:30 PM). However, some may be during the day (especially some of the science electives). Please see the individual curricula for more information.
- If a special permission number (SPN) or prerequisite override is required to register for a course, please consult the PSM Office.
- Please see the Graduate School catalog for additional information.
Program Outcomes and Learning Goals:
Please see here for a statement of learning goals and assessment.