PSM On-Campus Internship Program
What is this? A funding assistance program for students who have not found a fully paid summer internship or job to fulfill their MBS work requirement. Please note, this option is available only for Summer internships.
Who is eligible to apply? All current MBS students (including international students) who: 1) Have completed at least 2 semesters in good academic standing 2) Have NOT received an offer for a fully paid summer internship or work opportunity 3) Have NOT already completed the relevant work requirement for MBS through a prior job or internship.
How do I apply? Follow these steps to apply: 1) Find a Rutgers professor (preferably MBS) or other sponsor (can be an employer who cannot pay salary for internship) who agrees to sponsor you in an internship that meets the MBS internship guidelines (clickable link to guidelines). 2) Complete the steps to apply for and enroll in the Internship course. and 3) Complete the form below.
When is the deadline to apply? Deadline for submission is May 1, 2017. All Summer internship presentations are done at the end of the summer. You will get your grade after the presentation.
How much am I likely to receive? Funding amounts vary based on availability. Awards typically range from $1- $3 thousand dollars and most are processes as a reimbursement of credits applied toward the internship.
Funding for Unpaid Summer Internships
The PSM program has some limited funding for tuition reimbursement to help support students who have not been able to find a paid internship opportunity AND who have not yet completed their work requirement for graduation.
- This funding is available for Summer unpaid internships only
- You must show the steps you have taken to find a paid internship, be in good standing, and express financial need.
- It is your responsibility to find a professor or other employer who will sponsor you for the summer in an unpaid position (Most students work with a professor in a lab) that meets all of the internship requirements noted above.
- Get your internship approved following the steps above PRIOR to applying for funding (The deadline is May 1, 2017 for Summer 2017 internships)
- You MUST enroll for 1-3 credits in one of the Summer semesters to qualify for tuition reimbursement.
If you are interested or have additional questions, please contact email@example.com with the following:
Name, RUID, Concentration, GPA, Estimated Graduation Date, Professor you will be working with, Name of Project, and your resume.