Topics in Management
This course shell allows students in the MBS program to take courses offered by other departments, such as RIE, MiniMBA, Food Science, or Online Training courses (Center for Continuing Professional Development, CCPD) for 3 credits. To obtain credit, most courses will require an additional assessment portion if not included in the course.
If you are not an MBS student, you can register for these courses via the department websites listed to the right.
- Identify the course you'd like to attend through the course descriptions listed to the right.
- Fill out the Special Topics form and submit to Vicki Pasigos (email@example.com).
- Once your form has been received and processed you will receive a special permission number.
- Use your special permission number to register for these courses on WebReg.
- Register for the correct section of 16:137:650, 651, or 652 Topics in Management. You will select either 650, 651, or 652 depending on the term.
- If you are signing up for a MiniMBA course, please visit the MiniMBA website and complete registration for the course you'd like to take. In the comments section of the registration form, please indicate that you are an MBS student.
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT sign up directly on the MiniMBA website until you have approval and an SPN from the MBS office.
- *Fall 2017* The in-class MiniMBA courses are limited to 5 students per program.
MiniMBA Courses-available for MBS students in the Fall and Spring semesters.
Because the MiniMBA courses run on condensed schedules, it is imperative that you attend all scheduled classes as course work cannot be made up online. Failure to attend each class will hinder your grade and may result in failing the course. Note: Effective April 2016, students can register for one MiniMBA course during the MBS program.