Colloquium in Professionalism for Science & Technology Management
Description: This is a seminar style course whose goal it is to expose students to contemporary scientific- and business-related topics. It is a supplement to and meant to complement the students’ coursework. Its overall goal is to make students aware of current issues, developments and events that are going on in their respective disciplines and within the business community in general.
Requirements: Attending colloquia are required for all MBS graduate students and MBS Certificate Students in order to complete their respective academic programs.
- MBS degree students-required to attend at least 12 approved events, 9 of which must be sponsored by the MBS department.
- MBS Certificate Students- students-required to attend at least 6 approved events,4 of which must be sponsored by the MBS department.
Who, how and when to register for the colloquium course itself:
- Only students enrolled in MBS graduate program are required to register for Colloquium in Professionalism for Science & Technology Management. Certificate students are not required to register for this course.
- MBS graduate Students should register for the colloquium course in their last semester. They should register for only one of two possible course choices. The selected course is based on the number of credits that student’s will have earned at the end of their final semester.
- Register for 16:137:503 (0 credits) if the student will earn 43 credits by the end of their final semester.
- Register for 16:137:504 (1 credit) if the student will only earn 42 credits by the end of their final semester.