SP TOPIC : Database and Data Warehousing
This course introduces students to databases, data modeling, and database management systems for information management and retrieval. Both theory and practical technology experiences will take place balancing database concepts, design, implementation and usage.
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Examine and evaluate the ways a database, a DBMS, and the people who interact with them meet applied needs in technical, business, societal, and other contexts.
- Design, document, develop, and deploy a database and build a database user interface via standard practices and processes.
- Utilize standard processes and procedures to identify and resolve structural data integrity problems.
- Construct Structured Query Language (SQL) statements to define, manipulate, query, and control data in a relational database.
- Retrieve information from data stored in a relational database, perform data analysis, and generate reports.