Topics in Management
This course shell allows students in the MBS program to take course offered by other departments, such as RIE, MiniMBA, Food Science, or Online Training courses (Center for Continuing Professional Development, CCPD). To obtain credit, most courses will require an additional assessment portion if not included in the course.
View Courses by Department:
|RIE||Online Training (CCPD)|
Registration Instructions (Steps 1-5 apply for MiniMBA, CCPD, RIE & Food Science short courses)
- Identify the course you'd like to attend through the course descriptions listed above via the department links.
- Fill out the Special Topics form and submit to Debbie Sclafani (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Once your form has been received and processed you will receive a special permission number.
- Use your special permission number to register for these courses on WebReg.
- Register for the correct section of 16:137:650, 651, or 652 Topics in Management. You will select either 650, 651, or 652 depending on the term.
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT sign up directly on the MiniMBA website until you have approval and an SPN from the MBS office.
- If you are signing up for a MiniMBA course, please visit the MiniMBA website and complete registration for the course you'd like to take. In the comments section of the registration form, please indicate that you are an MBS student.
- IMPORTANT: Once you have successfully registered with the mini-MBA department you will receive a confirmation email as well as payment information. Please disregard the payment information portion. If you are registered on Webreg, you do not need to pay the mini-MBA department.
- All in class programs listed below are limited to 5 MBS students per program.
- Course offerings may be subject to change by the MiniMBA department depending on enrollment and student demand.
MiniMBA Courses-available for MBS students in the Fall and Spring semesters
Because the MiniMBA courses run on condensed schedules, it is imperative that you attend all scheduled classes as course work cannot be made up online. Failure to attend each class will hinder your grade and may result in failing the course. Note: Effective April 2016, students can register for one MiniMBA course during the MBS program.
Please note, the duration of CCPD courses is typically 6 months (students have 6 months max from time of registration to complete the course). Therefore, they may not be completed in one academic term. However, since they are self-paced and on-demand, you can begin work on these courses before the academic semester begins. If you decide to register for any of the CCPD courses, and you are still in progress when an academic semester ends, you will initially receive an IN (Incomplete) on your transcript. Once the course is complete, the CCPD department will be in correspondence with the PSM office to issue a grade. At this point, the IN will be replaced on your transcript with a final letter grade. Note: If you decide to take a CCPD course in your last semester, it must be completed when final grades are due so it does not impact your graduation.