New Jersey Cybersecurity Virtual Conference - Seton Hall University (shu.edu)
This Friday is a wonderful FREE Virtual cybersecurity conference, "New Jersey Cybersecurity 2021," highlighting experts across NJ, Python/Splunk workshops, recruiting, and networking.
This counts as a colloquium event with proof of attendance sent to email@example.com
The goals of the event are to:
- Raise awareness of cybersecurity career opportunities for higher education students and new college graduates and convey the appeal of cybersecurity careers
- Inform students and business leaders about university cybersecurity programs.
- Enable business leaders to collaborate with academia to fill cybersecurity job openings by tapping into new avenues of recruitment at universities
- Provide students and new grads seeking internships and full-time positions with networking opportunities with employers
Schedule at a Glance:
- 9 – 9:15 a.m.
- Dr. Brian Bridges, Secretary of Higher Education, NJ Office of the Secretary of Higher Education
- Katia Passerini, Provost, Seton Hall University
- 9:15 – 9:50 a.m.
- Keynote address: Gurdeep Kaur CISO, PSEG
- 10 a.m. – 11:50 a.m. Workshops featuring more than 20 cybersecurity experts from industry, government and academia, including:
- Training the Next Generation of Cybersecurity Researchers
- The Cybersecurity Job Market: Cybersecurity Employers Speak About the Array of Jobs Available and the Qualities They Seek in New Hires
- Keeping New Jersey Safe from Cybersecurity Threats
- Diversity Employment in Cybersecurity: Opportunities for Women and Minorities
- 12:00 pm. – 12:30 p.m.
- Lunch and Networking
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:20 p.m.
- Day in a Life: What’s it like to work in cybersecurity?
- 1:30 pm. – 2:30 p.m.
- Python Workshop (Sponsored BY NJEDA)
- Splunk Workshop (Sponsored by Splunk)
- Computational Data Privacy Workshop (Sponsored by LeapYear Technologies)
- 2:30 pm. – 3:00 p.m.
- Wrap-up and Networking