BS/MBS 4+1 Program
This option is only available to current Rutgers undergraduate students
Exceptional Rutgers undergraduate students have the opportunity to enroll in the "4+1" MBS degree as a “BS/MBS student” that will allow them to complete both degrees at lower cost and shorter time than to complete them separately.
Rutgers undergraduates can apply during the 2nd semester of their junior year for the MBS degree and, if admitted, will be allowed to take excess credits in their senior year that are credited towards their MBS degree. Although students can complete the master’s program in 1 year, students can also complete the program part-time while working full time.
Students must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Students must apply a year before they graduate. (Most students apply in the spring semester of their junior year **)
- Maintain a GPA of 3.2 or above (both overall and in their major)
- Submit an essay up to 500 words that describes their interest in the program and future career plans
- Complete 90 credits by the end of their sixth semester
- Submit an official copy of their transcripts
- Choose an MBS concentration and interview with an MBS program advisor or the Director of the PSM Program
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation from a professor in their major
** For those who are completing their Junior Year in December, please contact our office for further information.
Advantages of the 4+1 Program:
- Once accepted into the PSM program, students can transfer up to 12 credits from their undergraduate courses to the MBS degree, provided:
- They have more than the required 120 credits for their undergraduate degree (128 credits for Biotechnology undergraduate students)
- Students obtain a grade of B or better in each course
- Students can take up to two graduate-level (400 level or above) courses during each semester of their senior year
- The graduate-level courses should be science courses. 4+1 students will be eligible to take MBS business courses upon completion of their undergraduate degree
- Six of the 12 credits can be “double-counted” i.e., they can count towards both the bachelor’s and the master’s degrees
- Students are charged the undergraduate tuition rate for graduate courses taken during the fall and spring semesters of their senior year
Please visit http://gradstudy.rutgers.edu/apply/apply-now to submit your online application and documents.
For more information on the BS/MBS program, please contact us at email@example.com