BS/MBS 4+1 Program
This option is only available to current Rutgers undergraduate students
Exceptional Rutgers undergraduate students have the opportunity to enroll in the "4+1" MBS degree as a “BS/MBS student” that will allow them to complete both degrees at lower cost and shorter time than to complete them separately.
Rutgers undergraduates can apply during the 2nd semester of their junior year for the MBS degree and, if admitted, will be allowed to take excess credits in their senior year that are credited towards their MBS degree. Although students can complete the master’s program in 1 year, students can also complete the program part-time while working full time.
Students must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Apply in the first semester of their junior year
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3 upon submission of application
- Short essay (minimum 500 words) describing how the MBS degree will help you achieve your career goals
- Complete 90 credits by the end of their sixth semester
- Submit an official copy of their transcripts
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation from a professor in their major
- Qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Advantages of the 4+1 Program:
- Once accepted into the PSM program, students can transfer up to 12 credits from their undergraduate courses to the MBS degree, provided:
- They have more than the required 120 credits for their undergraduate degree (128 credits for Biotechnology undergraduate students) with a grade of B or better in each course
- Students can take up to two graduate-level (400 level or above) courses during each semester of their senior year
- The graduate-level courses should be science courses. 4+1 students will be eligible to take MBS business courses upon completion of their undergraduate degree. The science courses can be any 400 or 500+ level science courses. We recommend taking science courses from your major department. We also have a set of recommended MBS courses that are open to 4+1 students including the externship experience.
- Students are charged the undergraduate tuition rate for graduate courses taken during the fall and spring semesters of their senior year
Please visit https://mbs.rutgers.edu/future-students/how-apply to submit your online application and documents.
For more information on the BS/MBS program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org