Are you a Rutgers undergraduate student interested in the MBS degree?
Exceptional Rutgers undergraduate students may apply to the “BS/MBS "4+1"1,2 program and earn a Master of Business and Science (MBS) degree. The defining feature of this program is that it allows students to apply undergraduate academic credit towards their MBS degree if they meet certain criteria.
Qualified and interested students should apply during the 2nd semester of their junior year to the BS/MBS “4+1” program
- A GPA of at least 3.3 at the time of application.
- A copy of their most-recent Rutgers transcript.
- An essay (500 words or less) that explains how the MBS degree aligns with your stated career goals.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from your academic advisor.
- An interview with the "4+1" advisor.
Advantages of the "4+1" Program:
- Can apply up to 12 undergraduate academic credits towards your MBS degree provided they are:
- Not included in the 120 credits required for the undergraduate degree (i.e., students must earn more than 120 credits during their tenure as an undergraduate).
- Earned in a 400-level class or higher.
- Graded a B or better.
- Coursework is relevant to the graduate area of study.
- Access to the MBS Externship Exchange and gain science industry work experience.
1 Students are not required, nor encouraged, to complete the MBS degree in one academic year.
2 The MBS degree requires 43 (19 business and 24 science) credits.