With an emphasis on mathematical modeling, computational techniques, and statistical reasoning, the MBS Industrial Mathematics concentration is designed to educate and equip students with the skills and tools necessary successfully develop mathematical methods for application in engineering, science, and industry. Concurrently, students will gain fundamental knowledge of key business areas including finance and accounting, entrepreneurship, marketing, communication and leadership, management and planning, intellectual property, ethics, and regulatory.
Through expert instruction and experiential education, students will:
- Hone skills in abstraction, analysis of structure, and logical thinking
- Gain advanced proficiency in modeling and numerical techniques
- Gain foundational knowledge of quantitative finance, analytics, and risk management
Where our Industrial Mathematics Alumni Work
Our alumni enjoy careers as systems engineers, analysts, research associates, technical consultants, scientific programmers and more, and are employed in diverse, wide-ranging sectors.
- BI Developer
- Senior Database Developer
- SQL Programmer
- Senior Technologist
- and more!
- Bloomberg LP
- Kore Insurance Holdings, LLC
- Axiom Software LP
- and more!
Preferred Academic or Professional Experience
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in mathematics or a related field, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is expected.
- Applicants must also submit a statement indicating that they are proficient in either Fortran, C, C++, or an equivalent programming language.
- All professional experience will be considered as part of the application process.
Applicants who are unsure of their eligibility for this concentration should schedule an appointment with an enrollment specialist.
“The Master of Business and Science (MBS) is without a doubt one of my best academic decisions...The classes I have taken, particularly the business classes, have given me so much knowledge and insight on how to be a better and more efficient member of an organization." Adolfo Pertuz, Master of Business and Science (MBS) degree Graduate