The MBS Fellowship
The MBS department is now accepting fellowship applications for the FALL 2021 SEMESTER!
The PSM program has funds to offer a limited number of partial-tuition-remission fellowships to students in our program. These are merit-based and available to students who fit the following criteria:
- Students must have a minimum of a 3.5 cumulative GPA
- Students must be pursuing the MBS degree (non-degree students are not eligible)
- Students must have completed at least 1 full semester in the MBS program (term grades must be posted)
- Students must be registered for at least 1 course in the upcoming semester
- Students must not currently have an assistantship or tuition remission from another source
- Students must not be a full-time employee at a company (internship, co-op, or hourly are eligible)
The deadlines for submission are as follows:
- Fall semester 2022: submit applications by August 1, 2022
- Spring semester 2022: submit applications by October 1, 2021
- Summer semester 2022: submit applications by March 1, 2022
*These partial tuition remissions can only be used towards tuition charges and are good for the year/semester that they are awarded. Awards are typically $1-5k per year.
**Students who have already paid their Fall 2021 term bill will be granted a refund in the amount of the fellowship award.
What are the conditions for the fellowship?
Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis (see below for application details). Part of the application requires that candidates draft a 500- to 750-word blog post in response to the prompt in the application. Students whose draft blog posts are judged to be the strongest, and who have strong academic records in the MBS program, will be awarded the fellowship. Draft blog posts may be finalized after the fellowship is awarded and published on the program website, along with the student’s name and photo, and on the MBS LinkedIn page. (A fellowship award is not a guarantee that the blog post will be published.)
How much am I likely to receive?
Funding amounts vary based on availability. Awards are typically $1,000 to $5,000 per year and are processed as reimbursement of credits applied toward future MBS courses. Students may apply for the fellowship more than once. No student may receive more than two fellowship awards during their enrollment in the MBS program.
How do I apply?
Fill out the form below. Be sure to include your draft blog post as a response to the prompt. (Prompts change each semester.) You may wish to write your draft post in Word or Google Docs first, and then copy and paste the text into the application below. Be sure, also, to upload a current résumé.
TIP: DO NOT submit the same personal statement from your admissions application as your draft article. Submit an UPDATED resume.