The goal of the MBS Global Agriculture concentration is to educate and equip students with the skills, tools, and knowledge necessary to emerge as leaders within the global green industry. In addition to gaining a deep understanding of foundational aspects of agriculture—including plant pathology, environmental sustainability, and crop management—students will gain comprehensive knowledge of key business areas including finance and accounting, entrepreneurship, marketing, communication and leadership, management and planning, intellectual property, ethics, and regulatory.
Through expert instruction and experiential education, students will:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the international agricultural industry
- Gain fundamental, working knowledge of agriculture industry production and management processes
- Gain broad-based knowledge about environmental conservation and the role agricultural enterprises play in maintaining a healthy global environment
- Gain a fundamental overview of key business areas that both impact and are impacted by the international agricultural industry
Where our Global Agriculture Alumni Work
There are numerous job opportunities and career paths available to individuals with advanced knowledge of Global Agriculture.
- Director of Urban Farming
- Training and Quality Assurance Coordinator
- Plant Variety Examiner
- Product Development / High-Value Crops Specialist
- and more!
- Greater Newark Conservancy
- Denka Company Limited
- Waksman Institute of Technology
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS)
- and more!
Preferred Academic or Professional Experience
- It is strongly recommended that students have a bachelor’s degree in a science-related field and that they have completed the following academic requirements: two terms/one year of general biology (with laboratory); two terms/one year of general chemistry with laboratory; two courses in Math (Statistics and Calculus). In certain cases, course requirements can be modified or waived.
- All professional experience will be considered as part of the application process.
Applicants who are unsure of their eligibility for this concentration should schedule an appointment with an enrollment specialist.
"My journey throughout the Business and Science program has been immensely insightful and empowering. It has given me an opportunity for multifaceted growth, where the Science courses helped me refine and augment my technical skills, the Business courses helped me capitalize on my Business acumen which in the current day scenario plays a very crucial role in professional success." - Rohit Yerneni, Master of Business and Science (MBS) degree Graduate