The goal of the MBS Global Food Technology & Innovation concentration is to educate and equip students with the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary to successfully understand and manage ongoing technical developments and commercial applications in the global food industry. In addition to learning fundamental principles and applications of food science and technology, students will gain comprehensive knowledge of key business areas including finance and accounting, entrepreneurship, marketing, communication and leadership, management and planning, intellectual property, ethics, and regulatory.
Through expert instruction and experiential education, students will:
- Gain comprehensive knowledge of food science and technology, as well as food safety and management
- Gain broad-based knowledge of key business skills relevant to the global food industry
- Gain in-depth understanding of end-to-end commercialization and innovation processes, as well as the guiding principles and best practices for product commercialization
- Learn to successfully integrate their scientific background and business knowledge to create and convert new ideas into commercially viable applications
- Learn to leverage their integrated science and business knowledge for complex problem-solving.
Global Food Technology & Innovation Work
There are numerous job opportunities and career paths available to individuals with advanced knowledge of Global Food Technology & Innovation:
- Innovation and Quality Manager
- Associate Principal Scientist
- Plant Quality Technologist
- Senior Quality Analyst
- and more!
- The J.M. Smucker Company
- Blue Buffalo Co
- and more!
Preferred Academic or Professional Experience
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: food science, chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology, engineering, or related fields.
- Students without organic chemistry experience will be required to complete this chemistry course in their first semester.
- All professional experience will be considered as part of the application process.
Applicants who are unsure of their eligibility for this concentration should schedule an appointment with an enrollment specialist.
"My journey throughout the Business and Science program has been immensely insightful and empowering. It has given me an opportunity for multifaceted growth, where the Science courses helped me refine and augment my technical skills, the Business courses helped me capitalize on my Business acumen which in the current day scenario plays a very crucial role in professional success." - Rohit Yerneni, Master of Business and Science (MBS) degree Graduate