The MBThe goal of the MBS Social Media & Networking concentration is to equip students with the design skills, analytical skills, and fundamental knowledge necessary to succeed in data-driven fields and careers that include digital marketing, social media marketing, customer experience (CX) design, digital marketing/business intelligence, predictive modeling, and content management. Concurrently, students will gain a fundamental understanding of key business areas including finance, communication, leadership, intellectual property, entrepreneurship, ethics, and regulatory.
Through expert instruction and experiential education, students will:
- Learn to create a framework for social and digital strategies
- Learn about best practices and design principles related to social media/ digital media design
- Learn to identify product opportunities and customer needs
- Learn to analyze data to engage social customers
- Learn about the psychology, communication, and sociological theories that guide design
- Gain a deep understanding of interdisciplinary teamwork
Where our Product Design Alumni Work
Our alumni enjoy positions in a wide range of industries:
|Assistant Director of Digital Marketing||Infragistics|
|Product Development Analyst||Wakefern Food Corp|
|and more!||and more!|
Preferred Academic or Professional Experience
- A bachelor’s degree is required. Students without a technology background may need to take the following prerequisite course: 17:610:550 Introduction to Information Technology.
- All professional experience will be considered as part of the application process.
Applicants who are unsure of their eligibility for this concentration should schedule an appointment with an enrollment specialist.
"My journey throughout the Business and Science program has been immensely insightful and empowering. It has given me an opportunity for multifaceted growth, where the Science courses helped me refine and augment my technical skills, the Business courses helped me capitalize on my Business acumen which in the current day scenario plays a very crucial role in professional success."- Rohit Yerneni, Master of Business and Science (MBS) degree Graduate