The goal of the MBS Urban Environmental Analysis concentration is designed to educate and equip students with the skills and tools necessary to successfully delineate and remediate pollution problems, to market products and services, and to successfully manage projects and interact with state and federal regulatory agencies. Students will also gain fundamental knowledge of key business areas including finance and accounting, marketing, communication and leadership, ethics, intellectual property, and entrepreneurship.
Through expert instruction and experiential education, students will:
- Gain advanced scientific knowledge while honing analytical and management skills
- Gain foundational knowledge of key business areas
- Learn state-of-the-art methods and best practices
- Gain analytical skills, management skills, and communication skills suitable for managerial and leadership positions
Where our Urban Environmental Analysis Alumni Work
There are numerous job opportunities and career paths available to individuals with advanced knowledge of Urban Environmental Analysis.
- Senior Environmental Specialist
- Environmental Scientist III
- Environmental Compliance Coordinator
- and more!
- Mott MacDonald
- De Maximis Inc.
- GZA GeoEnvironmental
- and more!
Preferred Academic or Professional Experience
- It is strongly recommended that applicants possess a bachelor’s in science or engineering, including at least one year each of calculus and chemistry, one semester of statistics, plus at least one year of other science courses in disciplines such as biology, physics, or geology.
- All professional experience will be considered as part of the application process.
Applicants who are unsure of their eligibility for this concentration should schedule an appointment with an enrollment specialist.
"The strength of the Rutgers Master of Business & Science degree is its uniqueness in equipping students to tackle both scientific and business challenges." - Nicole Dziedzic, Master of Business and Science (MBS) degree Graduate