MBS Graduate Internships
When you partner with Rutgers University’s Professional Science Master’s Program regarding internship opportunities, you’re giving our Master of Business and Science (MBS) students a valuable real-world experience, and you’re gaining talented resources to help you with your challenging business needs, goals, and deliverables.
The MBS Team works with both you as the internship provider and the student:
The MBS Student: We provide students with hands-on coaching and career development to help the student enhance their application and leverage the internship experience in order to build effective working relationships and be highly effective and productive as a member of your team.
The Company Advisor/Supervisor: We provide you with insights and create a plan for preparedness, expectations and assignments.
OUR GOAL : SET YOU AND THE STUDENT UP FOR SUCCESS!
More than 85% of our internships are converted into a continued internship or full-time or part-time employment. What does this mean for you: you receive top level talent, ROI for your investment, and our student provides top level thinking, performance and results.
How do I know I qualify:
- If you have successfully completed 2 full semesters of full-time graduate course work.
- If you work for an organization and can craft an experience in another area of your organization for application
- For International students who do not have prior US work experience in their concentration to work off campus you must qualify for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and be enrolled for at least one credit for each semester you work. See: https://global.rutgers.edu
Is your resume up to date? Are you prepared to interview? These are two very important opportunities you don’t want to be your best. Attend the PSM Career Lunches/ Resume Reviews – bring a copy of your resume and several job ads. See various pages on the PSM Resources Sakai site for more resources.
- Determine if you qualify
- Find an internship (Career Knight, LinkedIn, Indeed, )
- Complete application form
- For International Students: Complete CPT and coordinate with International Student advisor within Global Services
- Inform academic advisor of internship credit application (business / science credit)
- Obtain signed offer letter
- Submit all documents, receive special permission number
- Register for Internship course (business application / science application)
- Complete course and all course requirements including presentation of application and impact
- Update your resume and LInkedIn profile
Developing an internship program and relationship with Rutgers Master of Business and Science (MBS) degree is an excellent strategy for your organization’s future successes, often leading to discovering future colleagues and leaders.
For questions or more information about the MBS Internships, contact:
Head - Corporate Engagement, Alumni Relations, & Career Services, and Executive Coach