When you partner with Rutgers University’s Professional Science Master’s Program regarding internship opportunities, you’re giving our Master of Business and Science (MBS) students a valuable real-world experience, and you’re gaining talented resources to help you with your challenging business needs, goals, and deliverables.
The MBS Team works with both you as the internship provider and the student:
The MBS Student: We provide students with hands-on coaching and career development to help the student enhance their application and leverage the internship experience in order to build effective working relationships and be highly effective and productive as a member of your team.
The Company Advisor/Supervisor: We provide you with insights and create a plan for preparedness, expectations and assignments.
OUR GOAL: SETTING YOU AND THE STUDENTS UP FOR SUCCESS!
More than 85% of our internships are converted into a continued internship or full-time or part-time employment. What does this mean for you: you receive top level talent, ROI for your investment, and our student provides top level thinking, performance and results.
MBS Internship Student Information:
Is your resume aligned with your career goals? Are you prepared to interview? These are two very important opportunities to present your best. Attend our Career Lunches or schedule a resume review with one of our Executive Coaches. See various pages on the PSM Resources Canvas site for more resources.
- Review Qualifications:
- You have successfully completed 2 full semesters of full-time graduate course work.
- You work for an organization and can craft an experience in another area of your organization for application
- For International students who do not have prior US work experience in their concentration to work off campus, you must qualify for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and be enrolled for at least one credit for each semester you work. See: https://global.rutgers.edu
- Find an internship (Rutgers Handshake, LinkedIn, Indeed, Company Websites, Association websites, other platforms)
- Complete application form
- For International Students: Complete CPT and coordinate with International Student advisor within Global Services
- Inform your academic advisor of internship credit application (business / science credit)
- Obtain signed offer letter
- Submit all documents, receive special permission number
- Register for Internship course (business application / science application)
- Complete course and all course requirements including presentation of application and impact
- Following the internship, add it to your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Consider meeting with an MBS Executive Coach to further support your career goals
Developing an internship program and relationship with Rutgers Master of Business and Science (MBS) degree is an excellent strategy for your organization’s future successes, often leading to discovering future colleagues and leaders.
As a Data & Analytics Intern at Slalom, a strategy, technology and business transformation consulting firm, my client was the supply chain department of the world’s largest healthcare company. I worked on a business intelligence and data warehousing automation project, which helped the company to efficiently monitor metrics by saving time, cost and better visualization. The experience strengthened both my technical, analytical and leadership skills, as well as built my confidence level. - Devam Shah, Data Analytics
"My internship experience while in the MBS was all about the Business and Science. I worked with the team to analyze and prioritize projects, tracked and maintain their databases, learnt to build and apply financial and analytical models in the renewable energy industry." - Arshiya Verma, Data Analytics