A total of 19 credits are required in the business curriculum. Courses include:
- 16:137:502 Principles of Communication and Leadership (3cr)
- 16:137:530 Principles of Accounting and Finance for Science and Technology (3cr)
- 16:137:507 Market Assessment and Analysis for Business and Science (3cr)
- 16:137:500 Ethics in Science and Technology Management (1cr)
- 16:137:600 Science and Technology Management Capstone (3cr)
- Prerequisite Courses: 16:137:502, 16:137:507, 16:137:530
- 16:137:501 Fundamentals of Intellectual Property (3cr)
- and 1 business elective (e.g., Project Management, Supply Chain) (3cr)
The Biotechnology & Genomics Science Track consists of four required courses and 4 elective courses.
Molecular Biology & Biochemistry: (1 course)
Biotechnology: (2 courses)
- 16:137:615 Concepts in Biotechnology & Genomics (3cr)
- 16:137:616 NextGen Biotechnology & Genomics (3cr)
Bioinformatics: (1 course)
- 16:765:585 Bioinformatics (3cr)
Electives (4 courses)
Students are encouraged to take more advanced bioinformatics courses as part of their electives.
In addition to 19 credits of business courses and 24 credits of science courses, all MBS concentrations require additional degree requirements. See here for the full list of degree requirements.
If you have questions about the program curriculum, please contact the concentration coordinator(s) or request an appointment with an advisor.